This course explores topics such as the setup and usage of budgeting, cash flow management, multicurrency, intercompany, and consolidated accounting. Additionally, students learn about the multiple advanced payment options, how to produce customer account statements, collection letters, complete year-end close functionality, and produce financial statements. This course is an extension of the Financials I course.
This course is intended for partners, customers and other end users of the financial modules in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
* Set up Basic Budgeting and configure Budget Controls.
* Enter Budget Data.
* Define an Encumbrance and complete year-end Commitments.
* Set up Cash Flow Forecasting and create and calculate Cash Flow transactions.
* Set up and run Foreign Currency Revaluation.
* Set up and process Advanced Payments.
* Set up Intercompany Accounting and post and trace Intercompany transactions.
* Set up Consolidation and Subsidiary Companies.
* Print Customer Statements, process Collection Letters, set up Interest Codes and calculate Interest.
* Define Workflows and create financial module Approvals.
* Complete Year-End steps and procedures.
* Create and print Financial Statements.
Before attending this course, students must have:
* Completed Course 80219A, Financials I in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX.
* Grasp of basic accounting knowledge and terms.
Basic Budgeting Setup
Configuring Budget Control
Using Budget Control
Budget Reporting and Inquiries
Budget Transaction Web Services
Transfer Budgets To and From General Ledger
Defining Purchase Order Encumbrances
Setting Up Encumbrances
Purchase Order Encumbrance Transactions
Encumbrance Year-End Process
Relationship of Cash Flow to Other Modules
Set Up Cash Flow Forecasting
Define a Cash Flow Forecast Budget Model
Create Cash Flow Transactions
Calculate Cash Flow Transactions
Foreign Currency Revaluation
Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Exchange Rate Adjustments
Electronic Vendor Payments
Electronic Customer Payments
Bill of Exchange Administration
Post Intercompany Transactions
Intercompany Posting Setup
Post an Intercompany Transaction
Trace an Intercompany Entry
Set Up a Consolidation Company
Set Up a Subsidiary Company
Perform a Consolidation
View and Delete Consolidation Transactions
Customer Account Statement
Set Up Collection Letters
Process Collection Letters
Set Up Interest Codes
Managing Collections and Collection Agents
View and Manage Collections Information
Advanced Collections Management Tasks
General Ledger Workflow
Accounts Payable Workflow
Accounts Receivable Workflow
Create a New Fiscal Year
Control Transactions in a Closing Period
Create and Post a Closing Sheet
Transfer Opening Balances
Financial Statement Setup
Financial Statement Row Definition
Financial Statement Column Definition
Print a Financial Statement
Create a Balance Sheet